[Kdenlive-devel] Another commit and time to start mentioning piave bugs ;-)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 22:53:06 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 Feb 2003 10:21 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> I commited many changes to piave anyway, some bugs are fixed, but I
> couldn't check if it works. Just for testing, I replaced the "empty frame"
> (the frame which is displayed, when nothing else is specified for a given
> time) to red. just so that I can see something happen at all, don't be
> surprized.

Ok, I have checked out piave and things are looking better - the monitors
no longer crash, but the document still fails to return a file length for a file. :

Sending Command <getFileProperties filename="/home/uchian/video/casualty.dv" />
streammgr.cc:127 ERROR: FIXME

at which point the piave process get's disconnected from Kdenlive.

This is the critical bug at the moment, since unless kdenlive knows the length of a file,
it cannot add it to the document safely, and it cannot create any scenelist other than an
empty one, which I doubt would be of any use to you ;-)

I notice that you have changed back to maintaining <inputs> and <outputs> as
seperate lists - is this intentional? Just want to check before I modify the KRender
parsing code ;-)

I noticed something odd :

      <inputs>
          <instream name="libdv_instream">
              <file>
                  <container extension=".dv" format="rawdv">
                      <codec type="video">
                          <libdv_decoder />
                      </codec>
                  </container>
                  <codec type="audio">
                      <libdv_decoder />
                  </codec>
              </file>
              <about>
Can read raw DV files.
              </about>
          </instream>
      </inputs>

The audio codec is not specified within the rawdv container - is there a reason for this?

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood