[Kdenlive-devel] Plan Of Action

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Tue Aug 26 08:21:04 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 24.08.03 14:30:21:

> On Sunday 24 August 2003 10:07 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> > For the interface, I will probably follow the way that Premier uses, which
> > is that conceptually, video and sound are totally separate. When a video is
> > placed on the timeline, it has a sound and video track that are "linked"
> > together.
>
> Yes, MovieDV does it the same way, I think it makes sense and is standard.
>
> > The disadvantages - well it means that for every video clip, you have two
> > clips on the timeline.

just an idea; what about provide several view modes?

- showing video thumbnails only (so audio is embedded into the shown clip)
- showing audio peaks only
- showing both in separate tracks

So user could have a clean focus when working on audio only; also the refresh time of the gui should be faster on slow machines.

greetings
reinhard