[Kdenlive-devel] compiling on debian ...

Markus Huelsbusch markus at ihf.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 6 09:38:34 UTC 2003

Hello Rolf,

pplay works with xv and also rgb output.

My black preview window must come from incompatible versions piave_0.2.2
and kdenlive_0.2.
(These were the last tar releases with links from the homepages.)

I remember vaguely that when trying piave on my home machine (also debian)
the configure script correctly  stated the missing xine-libs which would only
result in missing runtime features but then gave compile errors when trying
to include some xine stuff.
If you want I can uninstall libxine-dev and try again.

I suspect my problems compiling kdenlive come from package problems with
debian testing. I can not install the kdelibs-dev package (don't know if this
is the right one for kdenlive) without removing my whole kde desktop and at
the moment I need it :(.

bye
 markus