[Kdenlive-devel] Finally, a few keyboard shortcuts.

Jason Wood jwood at climax.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 13:41:51 UTC 2003

> A little thinking is no problem, once in a while ... ;-)
>
> <play> accepts currently three options (kdenserver.cc:180)
> start, stop, speed. I think speed doesn't work right now,
> but start and stop should work. Isn't that what you need
> for the in/out points?

Oh, in that case there is no problem whatseover - I'm forgetting what has
and hasn't been done :-)

> For the looping, it would be trivial to add another option:
>  <play loop="1">

I think this is the best solution as well. My only concern is that we might
end up with a bloated play command if we continue adding options to it. It's
not that important from a bandwidth point of view - it's only called
occasionally compared to other commands, although this may change when we
want to have variable speed playback (think a jog wheel widget of some
description).

Of course, there is no reason why every single attribute has to be defined,
so this may not be an issue.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jason