[Kdenlive-devel] Finally, a few keyboard shortcuts.

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at Physik.Tu-Dresden.de
Mon Apr 28 06:04:12 UTC 2003

On Sunday 27 April 2003 23:20, Jason Wood wrote:
[... shortcuts...]

Greta, I didn't try it, but it sounds very reasonable. Cool!

> Rolf, how do you think we should go about making this specific? There are a
> couple of possibilities :
>
> 1. I send a seek command before the play command. This works, but does not
> allow me to set a start/end point which will be useful soon.
>
> 2. We extend the play command so that there is a "starttime" and "endtime"
> value. If they are omitted from the command, then they are assumed to be
> the current seek position until the end of the file. This could work.
>
> 3. We add a new command which sets the constraints of starttime and endtime
> (decouple it from the play command). This could be useful, since I like the
> idea of adding a "loop" command in the future to loop a selected piece of
> video/sound. Of course, this could also be done as an option on the play
> command.
>
> What do you think? (well, I expect your actually still thinking about your
> phd, but if you have the time ;-))

A little thinking is no problem, once in a while ... ;-)

<play> accepts currently three options (kdenserver.cc:180) start, stop, speed.
I think speed doesn't work right now, but start and stop should work. Isn't
that what you need for the in/out points?

For the looping, it would be trivial to add another option:
 <play loop="1">

Cheers,
Rolf

P.S.:  In principle, you should get a list of all commands with default
options with "piave -h", but this seg.faults in 0.2.2 .... :-(

 Rolf Dubitzky          http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky
 e-mail:         Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik dot TU-Dresden dot de