[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive CVS compil problems with MDK 9.1

jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 12:45:07 UTC 2003

Ok, here's what I could do : I can add an admin_KDE_3 directory and an admin_KDE_3.1 directory in place of the current admin directory. Then, I modify the bootstrap file (probably by making it into two seperate files?) that make it symlink admin to the correct directory.

That means that people who are stuck with the older autoconf can use the KDE_3 directory, and those with the newer autoconf (and hopefully KDE 3.1 as well) can use the KDE_3.1 directory.

Does this sound like a good idea?

On a different note, I have been playing with Kdevelop 3 (gideon) recently, and am very tempted to start using it instead of kdevelop 2. It does use a different project file however - is there anyone who uses the kdevelop project that is currently in cvs, or can I safely remove it? I am not sure if the config it contains is local to my machine anyway :-)

I am working on some changes (such as adding namespaces around areas of code), and might end up changing the directory structure as well, so if I do swap over the gideon, the old kdevelop project file will very quickly become obsolete...

Of course, since building from the commandline won't change, if your not using kdevelop this doesn't affect you in the slightest :-)

Thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Jason