[Kdenlive-devel] real-time preview?

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Fri Nov 29 13:40:01 UTC 2002

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 29.11.02 14:16:48:
> On Friday 29 Nov 2002 11:09 am, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> > > BTW. yesterday, I managed to read DV and to export a complete scene with
> > > effects etc. to MPEG1 !  ( It looks crappy though ;-(  )
> >
> > Yes, I think MPEG1 (which means VCD quality, right???) is out of date.
> > A friend give me a VCD, just to test if the DVD player I've buyed is able
> > to handle this, and it was horrible! I think many people sooner or later
> > will need to buy eyeglasses, because her eyes was ruined by watching many
> > of those films available on VCD! ;-)
>
> Heh, maybe but on the otherhand, VCD is the format that most people can write
> and which their friends can play back.
>
> Saying that, I think there is an SVCD format which uses mpeg 2 and fits about
> 30 minutes to a cd? Not sure if it's a standard though.

Hopefully DVD (+, -, :, ;,  ..... or what ever ;-)))) will be the next standard since DVD standalone player are low priced BUT comfortable, because they can handle a lot of standards including audio CD's and mp3 CD's.

And ...
the clue is that the quality of your final video is the same as your original material ... no loss.

And ...
DVD burners are becomming cheaper and cheaper too :-)

greetings
Reinhard