[Kdenlive-devel] real-time preview?

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Fri Nov 29 11:09:42 UTC 2002

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 29.11.02 11:48:46:
> On Friday 29 November 2002 11:35 am, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> > kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 29.11.02 09:27:45:
> > >
> > > By simple I mean what you get from dvgrab. I.e. just playing a DV video
> > > from a file is awfully slow at the moment.
> >
> > Hhmm .. works fine for me using KINO, without dropped frames.
> > (Athlon 1300MHz, 512MB RAM, just a standard Maxtor IDE HD which I think
> > isn't a very fast machine)
>
> yes yes, I'm sure I can make piave as fast as kino, actually I see a lot of
> possible improvements in kino src ;-)

:-))
btw - I'm still impressed about all you coders out there, reading a piece of code just like a book.
This is cool!

> Right now all the stuff (filters and display) is based on RGB. This is very
> easy and butt slow. Most sources (DV, MPEG, etc. ) are in YUV, most targets
> as well. Only RGB target is the screen, and most people have decent graphics
> cards whic can do YUV->RGB in hardware. Sooner or later I'll move all the
> algorithms to YUV. That will impove speed a lot, but will need some work.

Thanks for the info!

> BTW. yesterday, I managed to read DV and to export a complete scene with
> effects etc. to MPEG1 !  ( It looks crappy though ;-(  )

Yes, I think MPEG1 (which means VCD quality, right???) is out of date.
A friend give me a VCD, just to test if the DVD player I've buyed is able to handle this, and it was horrible!
I think many people sooner or later will need to buy eyeglasses, because her eyes was ruined by watching many of those films available on VCD! ;-)

greetings
Reinhard