[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive CVS

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 22:43:11 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have just uploaded some little changes to Kdenlive CVS...

Essentially, it can now connect to Piave using VEML and create and embed a
video window, and seek around with it using the slider on the monitor.
Exactly what Rolf hacked into Kdenlive, except the code is in the right
places now ;-)

Start piave first   -    piave -s
(the -s makes it listen for connections)

Start Kdenlive next. It will automatically connect and embed Piave into the
monitor.

Note that you should start piave before starting Kdenlive, unless you want a
slew of "connection refused" messages to fill your terminal before it starts
;-)

I noticed one small problem with Piave - at the moment, if a seek fails (e.g.,
you ask for a frame outside of the 1 minute range), it closes with an error.
It would be better if it returned a status of "error" and failed gracefully
(e.g. not shutting down)

Cheers,
Jason

--