[Kdenlive-devel] piave cvs

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 01:41:21 UTC 2002

On Sunday 24 Nov 2002 1:14 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I committed a few changes to the piave cvs. I also hacked kdenlive (didn't
> commit, because it's just a hack). They now can talk to each other in VEML
> (i.e. Video Editing Markup Language, that's what I called our protokoll,
> just so that I have an acronym for the class names ;-)
> supported:
>
> <creatVideoXWindow show="true" />
> <seek time="1.03"/>
>
> Now I can use the slider to scroll through my movie, nice!
>
> If you want to see how to use libxml++ for the nullcutter, you can have a
> look at libpiave/kdenserver.{hh|cc}. This is just a first shot. Later we
> can optimize this to a SAX or better SAX2 parser which can directly parse
> the stream from tcp without building intermediate documents or DOM trees.
> But optimization is for later.

Cool! I committed another update to Kdenlive before the weekend, which fixes a
number of bugs mentioned last week. It also adds one or two new source/header
files and an old one now needs to support signals/slots, so a full rebuild is
necessary for the build system to figure out the relevant changes.

I am going to place the VEML protocol into the class KRender - a KRender
object will encapsulate the entire communication, and will provide all of the
commands with a C++ interface.

Cheers,
Jason

--