[Kdenlive-devel] video formats

Christian Berger einStein at donau.de
Sat Nov 23 20:44:40 UTC 2002

Am Samstag, 23. November 2002 20:42 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Jason,
>
> piave was designed strictly with DV in mind. Are you interested in DV
> video at all? If not, what is the most important video format for you?

Well I would like to stay as independant of video formats as possible. For
low quality video we would probably use somekind of mov or avi format, for
hight quality I thought about our own, easy to edit, video-format which
has it's frames alligned to sector bounds as well as the possibility to
have different framesizes and encodings for the single frames, so editing
2 different files together is more or less moving around fixed sized
blocks of data. (Althought an image might take any natural number of
blocks)

> Cheers,
> Rolf

Servus