[Kdenlive-devel] Story board - mode

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 21 16:50:56 UTC 2002

On Thursday 21 November 2002 05:43 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a note .... some video editors, just like MoviePack (MovieDVperfect),
>  offer a special mode called 'Story board'.
>
> In this 'beginner' mode user can drag some files in a special area to have
> a raw arrangement and do the fine editing -- such trimming of the clips,
> dragging fades between the files or effects upon the files -- later.
>
> Maybe later (when kdenlive will offer such an 'easy start mode' too) this
> could collide with your choosed name for the '.. detailed list of all
> commands required to render the final video.' ?
>
> Eventually you should use another name ... just like 'RenderList' ???

Yes, I don't like my own suggestion, too. How about 'RenderTree'? It's not a
list, but a tree.

Also in movie making, I think the term 'story board' is used for a sequence of
pictures (even sketches by hand), which is outlining the plot, wrong?

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/