[Kdenlive-devel] last CVS

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Tue Nov 19 13:49:11 UTC 2002

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 19.11.02 02:17:50:
> > BTW:
> > Avid has a cool functionallity.
> > When user select a tumbnail, that represent a source file, and hit the
> > space bar, a preview is starting showing the clip on the same position
> > (without opening a separate window). If this could be enhanced by setting
> > also the 'in' and 'out' points ... this would be great.
>
> What do you mean by thumbnail? Is this whilst adding the file to the project
> list (i.e. in the KDE open dialog box), or whilst selecting a file from the
> project list to drag it to the timeline?

I think the best would be to have this in all situations ... ;-)

> It would be easy to do the second one, it would probably mean embedding a file
> browser into Kdenlive to do the first
>
> Adding a file browser is something that I have been contemplating. What do
> people think? Would it be easier to have a sperate file browser which can be
> used to drag files onto the project list with than to use the "add clip"
> option (which would still be available) ? (It should be very little code to
> implement).

I like the 'Project Manager concept' of Protux ... hint, hint :-)
User open this dialog (by pressing the F and S key together) and is able to handle stuff like importing/exporting audio , rip cd's, .... in an separate window.

In your case user would be able to drag files to the timeline or project list, convert the project to other formats, export to DV cam, or what ever ...

greetings
Reinhard