[Kdenlive-devel] GUI stuff, Mustux (Protux)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 14:19:14 UTC 2002

On Friday 08 Nov 2002 1:11 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 05.11.02 16:27:20:
> > What I mean is, that you might have people who like averything in a
> > single window and people who like seperate windows. You might have people
> > who like Crtl-x/c/v and people to Ctrl-w/Meta-w/Ctrl-y to to
> > cut/copy/paste, or maybe use protux.
>
> hehehe ... I know what you mean -- forgive me .... sometimes I'm a little
> bit obtrusive ;-)) -- , but it's a pleasure for me to work with JMB
> actions.
>
> > If possible, I would support all ways and let the user choose.
> > But you have to start somewhere.
>
> Wow, this would be great, but I think this is a hard task!

I'm not sure that it is a hard task. At least one widget already exists to
allow either the "one window" view or the "many window views", (used by KNode
and I think, Kdevelop though that may be a different widget).

Now it is probably more difficult to add the JMB way of doing things, because
I don't think the KDE shortcut system is up for that kind of abuse ;-) So I
think that will have to wait until later on.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood