[Kdenlive-devel] GUI stuff, Mustux (Protux)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 15:56:31 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 05 Nov 2002 3:16 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 05.11.02 15:01:18:
> > >
> > > If you could email me a more detailed message when you get back from
> > > work, I'll see if I can figure it out for you.
> >
> > Is this what you see?
> >
> > c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/kde
> > -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
> > -D_REENTRANT  -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -c kmmrulerpanel.cpp
> > In file included from kmmrulerpanel.cpp:18:
> > kmmrulerpanel.h:23:30: kmmrulerpanel_ui.h: No such file or directory
> > make[2]: *** [kmmrulerpanel.o] Error 1
> > ma
>
> Yes, I think so ... must I enable a special flag like '--enable-mt' for
> example ?

Hmm, if that is the error message that you are getting then for some reason
kmmrulerpanel_ui.h isn't being automatically created.

Ok, here's the way it works, for anyone interested :

There is a file called kmmrulerpanel_ui.ui, which contains a description of
what one of the panels. (what buttons it should have, where they should go,
etc.). This file is created and modified from within QT Designer, but qt
designer is not required to build kdenlive.

This file is then "compiled" into kmmrulerpanel_ui.cpp and kmmrulerpanel_ui.h
by the program uic (user interface compiler). This comes with the QT
Development packages.

These base classes are then inherited by the code in kmmrulerpanel.* to add
functionality.

But it should be completely automated by the build system. Note the word
'should' ;-)

All I can think of suggesting at the moment is to try rebuilding from scratch.
Sometimes when I have been developing in kdenlive, I have had to do a make
distclean before it would recognise a new .ui file had been added.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood