[Kdenlive-devel] Cutting list file format specification, Version 0.02
jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 18 14:25:09 UTC 2002
After getting completely bogged down in exams again, I've had a few spare
moments to update the cutting list specfication now.
I've incorporated the changes that we discussed, and came up with a couple of
other things which we hadn't thought of before.
Firstly, I have said that each cutting list should start with a version
command. This is important so that we can add new features, and modify stuff,
and know what to expect for any particular version.
Secondly, I have added a couple of extra parameter value types - String, ID,
and time and interpolation. We need to decide exactly on how time should be
represented within the file format.
Thirdly, I have added the interpolation concept. Whilst at the moment it is
limted to simple interpolation between a start value and an end value, the
idea is that the interpolation within a scene should be independant of the
values it is working on : instead of having -startvalue -endvalue, we have
just -value which can accept an interpolation. Whilst slightly more difficult
to parse (though not greatly more so), it allows for a great degree of
freedom for later expansion. E.g. we could at a later date expand it to allow
non-linear interpolations, or to have "freehand" sets where the value changes
Fourthly, I've re-structured the document, and used Star Office to write it.
Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with exporting PDF files at the
moment - the file is now on the website, but only seems to be viewable using
gv. I'm still trying to figure out what's going wrong. I also intend to add
an HTML version sometime soon.
Fifthly, I changed a couple of names and definitions, such as changing
open_input to define_input, and open_output to define_output.
Sixthly... Umm.. I think that's it for now.
Take a look and let me know what you think.
I knew I needed a break when I tried to close konqueror by typing <Esc>:q!
More information about the Kdenlive