[Kdenlive-devel] File format definition

Christian Berger einStein at donau.de
Sat Jul 6 22:15:09 UTC 2002

Am Samstag, 6. Juli 2002 23:14 schrieben Sie:
> On Saturday 06 Jul 2002 8:50 pm, Christian Berger wrote:
> > BTW here's the current cutter roadmap (I'm lazy, I know)
> > 1. Simple procedures for handling kdenlive video files
> > 2. Writing Kdenlive video files from single frames.
> > 3. Fully fledged cutter for video
> > 4. Audio
>
> It might be worth checking out the various multimedia frameworks in
> development and see if it is easier to plug a codec into one of them,
> rather than writing the entire cutter from scratch. I have been looking at
> gstreamer a bit recently, but haven't had time to figure out if it's the
> kind of thing that we need or not.
>
> gstreamer.sourceforge.net

Maybe implementing a already done framework might eliminate some work, but
tailoring it to our needs might take longer than writing our own.  However
I'm thinking of making a primitive "plugin" technology making it possible to
use other kinds of frameworks as a plugin. There the yuvdenoise programm has
really cought my eye.

I've now found a great reason for my non-constant-framerate technique, you
can even work with non-perfect material. In real live you don't get your
constant 25 fps but sometimes no frames for several seconds (in case of bad
scratches), sometimes more than 25 fps (if the tape runs to fast). In
conventional systems you get serious sync problems.

> As far at the user interface is concerned, I have now got enough working to
> be able to drag files to and from the project list. So for instance, you
> can add an mp3 to the project list, then drag it to xmms and it will be
> added to the playlist. You can also drag multiple files from konqueror onto
> the project list and it will add them.
>
> I am now starting work on redesigning the timeline widget so that it is
> reusable, and in the process clip support for dragging stuff to and from
> the project list will be added.

To be honest I still don't have KDE3. Last time I've tried the files from my
distributor didn't work, and I cannot retry will next week since I'm going to
record a movie on monday and therefore need any space I can get.
http://www.wdr.de/themen/kultur/1/millionenspiel/index.jhtml

> Cheers,
> Jason.

Servus