[Kdenlive-devel] status

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Thu Dec 19 11:51:55 UTC 2002

On Thursday 19 December 2002 12:04 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> It's now added. If you do a make install of CVS as of now, you will get an
> extra menu called "Render", with a single "Export Timeline" option. Select
> it, choose a file name, and Piave will recieve the render message.

great.

> At the moment, it doesn't. But I don't think that sending the scenelist at
> the beginning of a render will be a big penalty, not compared with the
> penalty of moving a clip around on the timeline.

yes, your right.

> I'm not sure - are you thinking that it should be closer to 0.1 or closer
> to 0.9?

As it is the first release that will be usable for basic things, I would think
more closer to0.1, but actually I don't care much about it. Version nuumbers
are "Schall und Rauch" ;-)

> > As I said I already started a small list with suggestions for the GUI
> > which I'll post soon. Most of those things a trivial, but I wonder if it
> > would be possible to get 'snap-to-frame' for the slider, pretty soon?
>
> The slider is already "snap-to-frame" - assuming that you can stretch the
> window wide enough to see individual frames!
>
> > At least I need a button step-one-frame (bwd,fwd), because with the
> > slider, the smallest I can get is 7 frames.
>
> This is essentially a problem with the control panel on the monitor - it
> needs some fine tuning controls. For the moment, I can turn the
> fast-forward/rewind controls (which are fairly badly thought out anyway)
> into step-forward and step-back, relative to the slider position. I am also
> thinking of adding a shuttle control for fast-forward and rewind.
> Note that I have implemented the <play speed="1.0"/> command and wired it
> up to the buttons, but the slider does not follow the video position - more
> on that in a seperate email.
>
> > I suggest, that until we have defined
> > the real VEML for container/video- and audiocodes, I just report the FPS
> > next  to the duration in the reply to getFileProperties.
> >
> >  <reply command="getFileProperties" duration="10.56" fps="25.0" ...
>
> I believe that I have still got a couple of hard-coded "25fps" values in
> Kdenlive, so I'll have to weed those out ;-)

I didn't know it's already snap-to-frame. For the beginning I am fine with
hardcoded 25fps.

> > Beeing able to step frame by frame would help me a lot.
>
> I'll add it now.

Cool, thanx a lot!

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/