[Kdenlive-devel] Current Status

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 02:23:48 UTC 2002

Hi,

Thought I'd let everyone know what I'm up to at the moment. I've spent the
last couple of days moving to a new computer, but I'm now back up and running
again.

Since I didn't get much done this week, I'm still looking into adding
undo/redo support and setting up toolbars and similar - I have not yet added
incremental updates to the scenelist, I'll wait until we can at least
transfer the whole timeline in one go first - how is the parser coming along
in Piave?

Oh, and I need to find an artist :-) I have created some very primitive
looking icons, but Kdenlive deserves better. (They are not in CVS yet).

There is a minor problem for the next time I commit to CVS - the icons and
menu/toolbar resource file need to be in the correct places so that Kdenlive
can find them when it is run. This means that you will need to "make install"
Kdenlive to be able to test it properly - will this be a problem for anybody?

Oh, talking about compilation, I discovered something rather embarassing
recently. Kdenlive, being a KDE app, can be compiled in the same way as any
other KDE app :

make -f admin/Makefile.common
./configure
make

I'm not sure exactly why it has taken me so long to figure this out :-)

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood