[Kdenlive-devel] Looks like some competition

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Dec 8 16:40:41 UTC 2002

On Sunday 08 Dec 2002 10:30 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Sunday 08 December 2002 12:08 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just found out about what seems like another linux video editing effort
> > :
> >
> > http://cuisine.bigasterisk.com/
> >
> > It seems to be heading in a completely different direction to where we
> > are heading, but there are a couple of good ideas in there that we might
> > be able to make use of.
>
> such as?

Ok, on second glance, there don't appear to be as many usable ideas as I
thought there were.

There's asset Management (or media library). If you have a large number of
clips, some of which are going to be reused in other projects, it would be
incredibly useful to be able to keep track of them. Then, you can keep track
of whether a video clip is used by an existing project or can be safely
deleted, and you can build up a collection of library footage which can be
used in various projects.

Ok, I think that we might be able to fit one into Kdenlive Version 7.0 in
2006, but you've got to plan ahead ;-)

Cheers,
Jason

--