[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive now handles <setSceneList>

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Dec 1 12:11:27 UTC 2002

On Saturday 30 November 2002 11:30 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have now finished and committed to CVS my (first) implementaton of the
> scene list generator, and it can now pass that scene list to Piave.
>
> So as long as nothing too significant goes wrong, we should be able to do
> editing without transitions very soon :-)

That's a very big step.

> There are a couple of minor points I think you should know about :
>
> * Occasionally Kdenlive will generate a tiny scene (with a duration of
> something like 1e-14). I'm not sure if they will cause a problem or not.

Why is that?

> * At the moment, If there are no clips for a part of the timeline, Kdenlive
> generates an empty scene. I.e.
>
> <scene duration="12.45" />

That's fine. At present piave does not allow empty frames, i.e. frames where
no information and all other inconsistencies. PIAVE fixes all such
errors/inconsistencies, but this is actually a 'feature' that can be switched
off.

> Piave should display black in these situations, I think ;-)

MovieDVperfect displays a test screen. This way you'll notice directly if you
have such errors/inconsistencies in your timeline.  It's trivial to implement
a command to let the user choose what happens with empty frames (black,
white, testscreen, etc.)

> We need to
> discuss the best way to handle this and overlaying one image onto another
> as well - I think that this needs to be standardised somewhat.

What do you mean with overlaying? One problem I see is, when you have two
clips on top of each other in the timeline and you have not defined an
operation between the two. In this case piave uses a NullOp which will just
pass through the fame from he first (top) track. Is this what you are
referring to?

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/