[Kdeev-books] Allocation of tasks

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Sep 4 23:09:24 CEST 2003

On Donnerstag, 4. September 2003 13:54, Brad Hards wrote:
> I'm a bit disappointed with the reaction so far. No feedback on the
> chapter, no feedback on the partial outline.
>
> If this is going to happen, someone needs to "drive the bus". Currently I
> see that as Ralf, but it could potentially be someone else. I see we should
> be looking for an 80% correct outline, an agreed position on licensing, and
> then start getting authors on the job.
>
> Does anyone plan to work on any of this? An overall project leader /
> coordinator?

As I started this I would volunteer for that and keep track of the CVS module,
so changes+submissions can also be send to me. However, this is usually not a
job for someone alone once we have content :-)

 Editing team?

We need a couple of people discussing new sub-books and how to sort them in so
we get a compact set of books instead of too independent sections like the
KDE 2.0 Development book has (go read it, it's a complete mess IMHO :-)

Authors?

I would like to write the KDevelop documentation and to help with technical
stuff related to programming utilities and organizational things that are
automated in KDE's kde-common/admin section (which needs a complete
documentation as well but I guess coolo won't do that :-)

Proof-readers?
We should ask for more proof-readers when giving out a first version. Usually
those will come up quickly given we have something worth reading :-)

Test subjects?
I think giving out a 0.1 version would help there once we have some content,
so we get some feedback.