[Kdeev-books] First cut - scripting chapter, dcop chapter and structure

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Aug 31 15:42:49 CEST 2003

On Sonntag, 31. August 2003 14:19, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:50 pm, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > We can put the HTML version on developer.kde.org if you don't mind.
>
> No problem, but we need to sort out licensing. I currently retain copyright
> over my work. I understand that you plan to assign copyright to KDE e.v. -
> a group about which I have no knowledge. I could be convinced, but I'd like
> to know more about how this is going to work.

Please see http://www.kde.org/areas/kde-ev/

I notice that it's currently hard to find that site :-) but effectively KDE
e.V. consists of those people contributing to KDE over long periods of time.
It doesn't direct the development but takes care of everything surrounding
like refunding expenses, organizing developer meetings like Nove Hrady and
taking care of the Servers.

> > The thing is that before we go crazy with books you should check out
> > kdeev-books and then start from there so the book builds in a
> > subdirectory of that module. Then we can easily add it to CVS.
>
> Two problems:
> 1. I don't have CVS commit access, as I pointed out in my original email.

Please don't commit to CVS yet even if you have an account. Let's discuss
things first.

> 2. There is nothing in CVS. This is a draft to get things started, since
> no-one else appeared to be doing anything.

Yes, we'll have to read through it first.

Ralf

> Brad

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org