T11398: Publish KDE Connect to the Windows Store

Guilherme Marçal Silva noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 14 04:11:43 BST 2021

Guilhermems added a comment.

  Windows KDE Connect Build 795 and Android Build 980 (debug-2369041d)

  Keyboard and Mouse control: Works and it does feel smoother.

  Media controls: Works. I tested using Firefox and a Youtube video. I can pause and unpause the video. The volume slider under the pause buttons does nothing, but the slider on the Devices tab does change the volume on Windows itself.

  SMS Messages: Now works fine, I can send and read my messages.

  Sending files to phone: Works. Before it wasn't working, but when I upgraded the Android app to the latest build, instead of manually setting the permissions I just followed the prompts on the app, and it worked. Basically you have to select the storage device you want KDE Connect to have access to when Android asks you to. Before, since I set the permissions manually on Android, I didn't give the app a chance to let me set the permission to access my entire storage, so that's the reason why it fails. I bet people going through the same problem probably didn't select a folder when setting permissions.

  Receiving files on Windows: Works

  Ring phone: Works

  Ring Windows: Works

  Ping phone: Works

  Clipboard from Android to Windows: Works as you said, when using the notification on Android 10 to send it.

  Clipboard from Windows to Android: Works

  Android Battery indicator: Works

  Control Presentations: Yes, I can go forward and backward using the phone. The pointer functionality still shows a black screen with a glowy circle. Right clicking with the mouse to make a context menu appear makes the black screen go away, and the cicle is shown as intended, however, that only lasts while the context menu is shown. As soon as you dismiss the context menu the screen turns black again.

  Commands: The command examples do work. :)

  Contacts: Works, but they have weird names with numbers and letters and ending with .vcf on the contact folders (intended behavior?)

  Screensaver inhibition: Seems to work. I set it to show after 1 minute and nothing showed up.

  Remote access to files on phone: Works with WinSCP.

  Receive and send notifications: They need to be disabled otherwise KDE Connect doesn't pair.

  Call control: I can't test it now, I'll do that later. :)

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11398