T11398: Publish KDE Connect to the Windows Store

Guilherme Marçal Silva noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 13 20:36:29 BST 2021

Guilhermems added a comment.

  Hi @brute4s99 . I tried testing it again, but unfortunately I ran into problems while doing it:

  Windows KDE Connect Build 795 and Android Build 980 (debug-2369041d)

  Keyboard and Mouse control: Works and it does feel smoother.

  Media controls: Works. I tested using Firefox and a Youtube video. I can pause and unpause the video. The volume slider under the pause buttons does nothing, but the slider on the Devices tab does change the volume on Windows itself.

  I was only able to test those two things before both devices disconnected and I couldn't get them to connect anymore. I tried installing the version on Playstore just in case it was a problem with the Android version but it still didn't work.
  The Windows app would show on the config window that my device was asking for pairing, but even when accepting the request on Windows the Android app would say the pairing process timed out. I also tried restarting both my phone and Windows but it still didn't work. It also still didn't work even when manually enabling all permissions on Android.

  I have a suggestion: On Windows, it would be good if it could show a notification when a device wants to pair. Currently I have to open the config Windows if I want to accept a new device.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11398