Can't connect my cell phone to my computer using USB

Simon Redman simon at ergotech.com
Wed Mar 27 17:42:44 GMT 2019

There is not currently a backend for KDE Connect to communicate directly
over USB. USB Tethering sets up an IP network over USB, so it works the
same as KDE Connect over wifi/Ethernet, and should require no additional
configuration (provided your firewall doesn't block that as well)

We are working on a raw Bluetooth backend, but that is still a bit away
from being ready

The information for configuring a firewall for KDE Connect is on our
wiki, if you decide to go that route:
https://community.kde.org/KDEConnect#I_have_two_devices_running_KDE_Connect_on_the_same_network.2C_but_they_can.27t_see_each_other

Thanks,
Simon