D18212: Use Storage Access Framework on SDK >= 21 (Lollipop and above)

Erik Duisters noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 8 09:27:31 GMT 2019

eduisters marked 2 inline comments as done.
eduisters added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> albertvaka wrote in SftpSettingsFragment.java:322
> I can write to the internal phone storage (sdcard0) on API 19, although it appears as read only because of this condition. Maybe you had a different experience while testing?
>
> To simplify this code, since it's only for old APIs, maybe remove appending the "read only" string? It could be that every device is different, and determining if it is actually going to be read-only is difficult. If that's the case, I don't think it's worth trying to get it right just for old APIs.

I apparently did not test if writing to API 19 was possible. I just assumed that because writing to sdcard on KitKat was not possible using the File API it was also not possible using SaF.

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application

BRANCH
  arcpatch-D18212