D17987: Add description of bluetooth multiplexing protocol

Matthijs Tijink noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 5 12:24:15 GMT 2019

mtijink created this revision.
mtijink added reviewers: KDE Connect, andyholmes.
Herald added a project: KDE Connect.
Herald added a subscriber: kdeconnect.
mtijink requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  As mentioned on telegram, there are some fundamental issues with bluetooth. The only approach I could get working was multiplexing: manually sending multiple streams of data over a single connection.

  This is the description of that multiplexing protocol. I have an implementation of this protocol, but I'd first like some feedback to see if this is what we're going to use before finishing up those patches.

  See the document itself for more details. I make the protocol forward-compatible, although I don't expect we will need ever that.

TEST PLAN
  None, this is just a description.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect

BRANCH
  bluetooth-multiplexing-description

AFFECTED FILES
  core/backends/bluetooth/Multiplexing protocol.md