kde-connect

Holger Kaelberer holger.k at elberer.de
Wed Feb 27 07:16:06 GMT 2019

Hi Francesco,

On 26.02.19 17:28, Bertoldi wrote:
> Hi Holger
>
>                  I have a script to ring a sound and show a pop-up window in Kubuntu 18.04 any hour
> (attached). I'd like to get it also in my android with kde-connect.
>
> Send notifications is enabled, but I don't see nothing on the smartphone so far.
>
> It's possibile to receive a script notification?

Several things:

1. As kdeconnectd eavesdrops notifications on dbus you need to use libnotify to trigger them. On
Linux you can use e.g. notify-send, like:

notify-send Summary "My body text" -i google-chrome

2. On desktop you need to enable the "send notifications" plugin via system settings -> KDE connect
(as you said). IIRC, you also need to activate the sending application (notify-send) and not
blacklist anything.

3. On Android side you need to activate the "Receive notifications" plugin and make sure you allow
receiving notifications from the kdeconnect app in the system settings.

Best,
    Holger

in CC) if you want to get responses from a broader and more competent community. I no longer have a
good overview of the latest improvements in KDE Connect ;-)