D15543: [Desktop] SMS plugin no longer creates desktop notifications -- Old functionality still supported by notifications plugin

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 16 18:40:54 BST 2018

sredman added a comment.

  In D15543#326667 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15543#326667>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > Also, the notificationsplugin on Android (AppDatabase.java) blocks some SMS packets. If we make the notificationsplugin the way to deliver SMS notifications those mustn't be blacklistet anymore

  Good catch! I think I have updated this in the Android-side diff

  In D15543#326665 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15543#326665>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > One disadvantage of this approach is that we loose the ability to reply to all SMS from the notification. Only notifications from apps that support quick reply will have a reply button. Since have the SMS app this is nowhere near as bad as it would be without. I would say it's an acceptable price for solving the double SMS dilemma, but I'm not a regular user of SMS, so take that with a grain of salt

  This is pretty much my thought... If a particular SMS app does not support the replyable notification, it is up to that app to be updated. Additionally, as you say, the usecase we are trying to encourage is the SMS app. I will personally keep blacklisting notifications from my messages app!

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect