D16469: Make NetworkPacket Metatype-capable

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 29 00:10:09 GMT 2018

sredman added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in networkpacket.h:52
> Why do you want this? To be able to access them from QML? DBus?
> If it's from QML, you'd be able to make it uncreatable, so this wouldn't be necessary.

The case I hit was being able to use NetworkPacket as the argument to a signal/slot connection across threads. I don't know if this is a useful usecase.

So I guess this is more of a discussion of whether or not we ever think we want to make the daemon multi-threaded. I think the answer to that question is "no". If we think merging this patch won't cause us trouble, we can merge it on the offchance that we do find it useful (for that or something else). On the other hand, I can just abandon this revision and we can dig it up in 100 years when we actually need it 🙂

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect