D16351: Broadcast actual tcp server port used

Erik Duisters noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 24 09:59:53 BST 2018

eduisters added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> sredman wrote in LanLinkProvider.java:396
> I am not an expert in this code. Do you know in what cases tcpServer would be null or not bound? Does it make sense to even try to prepare a packet in those cases? (In other words, should these checks be outside of this method?)

tcpServer will be null when running on Android version < 14 (ICE_CREAM_SANDWICH), see onStart. tcpServer will also be null if openServerSocketOnFreePort cannot find any available port to bind to.

It still makes sense to broadcast the udp packet because the receiving party will try to establish a tcp connection and if that fails it will send a udp packet to us so we can try to establish a tcp connection to them.

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application