D16279: Show progress when sending a file from desktop

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 17 20:33:39 BST 2018

nicolasfella requested changes to this revision.
nicolasfella added a comment.

  Great work!

  I have a few cosmetic suggestions: Instead of saying "Sending file over KDE Connect" I'd say "Sending file to <devicename>". Then the second line should be the filename. The Jobtracker seems to pick that automatically from the info. If you remove the "To" line from the info the filename is shown as secon line. Don't ask me how exactly this works. The end result is:
  F6335741: Screenshot_20181017_211737.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6335741>

  A few code nitpicks:
  You should remove the commented code and debug output.
  Please follow the coding style from the rest of the file. Opening { for methods go on the next line, for everything inside methods on the same line. I'll leave a few more comments as inline comments

INLINE COMMENTS

> uploadjob.cpp:63
> +                { i18nc("File transfer origin", "From"), m_input.staticCast<QFile>().data()->fileName() },
> +                { i18nc("File transfer destination", "To"), m_deviceName }
> +    );

Use Daemon::instance()->getDevice(this->m_deviceId)->name() directly and remove m_deviceName

> uploadjob.cpp:103
> +    if (!m_timer.isValid()) {
> +            m_timer.start();
> +    }