D15979: [SMS App] Allow scrolling up to load and display older messages

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 6 19:24:01 BST 2018

sredman added a comment.

  In D15979#337600 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15979#337600>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > When I open a long conversation I initially see one message.

  Yes. The issue is the backend only has one message loaded from the phone. When the view first loads it requests the first 10 which causes the backend to request from the phone. Once they're in cache this isn't a problem (try opening the same conversation twice after a slight delay)
  I agree this is kind of ugly but I don't know an easy way to fix it. One thought is to make ConversationsDbusInterface::requestConversation synchronous and block until it is able to serve the request. This would be good for several reasons... For one thing, it would enable having multiple conversation views open at the same time!

  > Scrolling has no effect at all.

  Do you mean with the mouse wheel, or with a touchpad? It works with a mouse wheel (and with dragging), but I only just tested a touchpad and that doesn't seem to work. It works after there is more than one message showing. Maybe the solution is to fix the only-one-message problem.

  > When dragging I see a couple of messages appearing and immediately disappearing. Still only one message stays. Scrolling still has no effect. I can show new messages by dragging the single message. If I show about half of the new messages scrolling still has no effect. When I drag long enough to trigger the second reload scrolling works as I would expect it.

  Could you try disabling the places where I mess with the highlight animation? These are lines 96 and 106 of ConversationDisplay.qml. This won't fix the scrolling, but it might fix the invisible message (of course, you'll get an ugly animation instead...)

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect