kcb - easily run scripts on top of the sshfs mount points

Yasin Zähringer yasin.zaehringer-kde at yhjz.de
Thu Nov 29 09:58:49 GMT 2018

Hi all!

Thanks for all the hard work, KDEConnect is a really useful software
which takes for me the pain out of (among many other things) moving
files between my laptop and my phone. Backing up my photos/WhatsApp
folder/etc with dolphin was always quite prone to user errors though
(for me at least), hence I wrote a small helper which automates the
process. You can find it here:
   https://github.com/ReSqAr/kcb
The structure is relatively simple, it just looks up which phones are
connected via KDEConnect, mounts them (via DBus) and then executes the
appropriate bash scripts from ~/.local/kcb.

I hope this little utility helps somebody as much as it helps me and if
you have some feedback I would love to hear from you! E.g., do you think
it makes sense to integrate the logic into KDEConnect itself? Also, is
there any list of tools using KDEConnect which helps with their
discoverability?

Best & keep up the good work,
Yasin