D17214: GCI [KDE Connect] Start New Conversation in Messaging App

Andy Holmes noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 28 21:45:27 GMT 2018

andyholmes added a comment.

  > All of our SMS app works on thread_id, with the assumption that they would be unique...

  Oh, I believe they are unique, but they are  *also* unique to phone number. So there will never be a `address` with more than one `thread_id`; any messages received from or sent to that address will always appear in the same `thread_id`.

  So what I mean is, when starting a "new" conversation, you can watch for new messages from the target `address` and catch the `thread_id` (probably even from your "sent confirmation" packet).

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect