D16553: Cache and delete old ConversationsDbusInterfaces to avoid memory leak

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 12 17:22:38 GMT 2018

sredman added a comment.

  In D16553#358421 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16553#358421>, @apol wrote:

  > This sounds weird, who caches the data? I don't think Qt does any caching, and if it's kde connect, nuking the dbus interface sounds like we're barking up the wrong tree.

  I'm not sure I understand the question. This plugin (so KDE Connect) is caching the pointer in the static QMap

  Ideally we shouldn't have to touch the dbus interface ourselves, and the documentation says it gets taken care of automatically, but that is not happening. You can run the plugin and cause it to load messages to see the unbounded-increasing memory usage (disconnect and reconnect the phone to keep using ever-more memory) or put some debugging in ~ConversationsDbusInterface (and observe that the method is never called without this patch)

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect