Disable permanent status notification

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Mon May 21 20:52:51 UTC 2018

 Android 8 makes it mandatory to display a persistent notification for
background apps. We introduced this to beta users today, but due to a bug
the notification was not silent (you would get a notification sound and/or
vibration every time KDE Connect wakes up). You will get an update that
fixes that problem, but unfortunately we have to keep the notification.

Using the new notification system of Android 8, though, you should be able
to hide just that one notification without hiding every KDE Connect
notification.