D11773: New plugin: Find this device

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 30 15:53:36 UTC 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D11773#236515 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11773#236515>, @mtijink wrote:

  > Wouldn't it make more sense to integrate this into the existing "Find my phone" plugin?

  Perhaps. Depends if people think there are devices which would just be searched *for* or devices which are just searched *from*. In that case one might prefer to have the plugins separated, as proposed initially here.

  For one, any mobile device is candidate both for being searched for and searched from, given their mobile nature :)
  On the other hand, not any connected device and its users should be able to trigger the Find feature for any other connected device (think device for visitors/kids which should not be able to locate host's/mum's phone, but the other way around you want to be able).

  That's why I proposed this as separate plugin, to allow separate enabling in which direction the Find feature works.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect