D9690: Add contacts-reading plugin (Android side)

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 30 05:10:51 UTC 2018

sredman added a comment.

  Thanks for the eyeballs!

INLINE COMMENTS

> mtijink wrote in ContactsHelper.java:238
> Do the individual vcards extracted here contain the id? If so, you can extract that and sort on that.

No. The vcards are basically exactly what you get if you use the Android Contacts GUI to export to vcard. That is, all the behind-the-scenes database nonsense is gone, and only real contact information remains. We could do tricks like take the phone number and go back into the contacts database to look it up, but that would (probably) end up being slower than the serial method

> mtijink wrote in ContactsPlugin.java:156
> These comments do not apply to the lines immediately below? Maybe it should be moved a few lines down.

They do directly apply in the sense that getting the timestamp is a many-step operation... Do you think it would make more sense to move the comment further down?

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application