D11773: New plugin: Find this device

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 29 02:24:24 UTC 2018

apol added a comment.

  +1 overall. Will be needed both for sailfish and plasma mobile anyway, I've never lost my laptop (or desktop x'D) at home, but I don't think it hurts.

INLINE COMMENTS

> findthisdeviceplugin.cpp:41
> +namespace Strings {
> +// TODO: what would be a good default?
> +inline QString defaultSound() { return QStringLiteral("KDE-Im-Phone-Ring.ogg"); }

Looks to me as good as any, I'd remove the TODO. I think this one is okay, if we ever want to change we change.

> findthisdeviceplugin.cpp:61
> +
> +    const QString soundFilename = config()->get<QString>(QStringLiteral("ringtone"), Strings::defaultSound());
> +

I'm not sure it makes sense to send which ringtone needs to be sounding on the other side. Is this how we do it for Android?

> findthisdeviceplugin.cpp:66
> +    for (const QString &dataLocation : dataLocations) {
> +        soundURL = QUrl::fromUserInput(soundFilename,
> +                                       dataLocation + QStringLiteral("/sounds"),

fromLocalFile

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect