D11017: Support file url album art - Desktop

Matthijs Tijink noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 20 19:00:27 UTC 2018

mtijink added a comment.

  In D11017#229576 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11017#229576>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > Out of scope for this patch, but would it make sense to add KIO support for this? Media files could be on e.g. a samba share, but even then the thumbnails could be elsewhere (like /tmp)

  I'm not sure what you mean. It doesn't really matter where the music files are stored, as long as the player puts the thumbnails in a `file://` url. Vlc for example puts the thumbnails in the `~/.cache` folder. I don't think players should (or do) actually publish `smb://` album art urls, since these urls aren't supported everywhere.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect