D10796: Change mpris play/pause button color instead of removing it

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 17 13:25:24 UTC 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D10796#218320 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10796#218320>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > I like the color, but I'm not sure about the disabling.
  >
  > Right now, only the playPause button is disabled, but what about the other buttons?.  If we go with this approach, we should disable all buttons instead of removing them. Why should the playPause button be any different?
  >
  > IMHO we should remove buttons if the functionality is unavailable, disabled buttons might look a bit broken. The only place where it might make sense to disable a button is when either next or previous is unavailable (probably because we are at the beginning/end of a track list) to keep symmetry.

  From my usage experience (though with developer testing mode, might not completely reflect normal usage):
  not only for symmetry, but also because the Next/Previous buttons disappearing randomly also results in unwanted behaviour. E.g. if you quickly press a few times the Previous button to get to the first media item, once you reach the first item, the Previous button has disappeared and the space is taken by the Next button instead. But as one is still tapping a few more times, as one did not know in advance how much tapping is needed, one ends up switching between first and second media item (due to buttons moving under your finger), and by half the chance one ends up with the second, not the first :) (same with going to last).

  So when it comes to Next/Previous buttons, I would propose to show them as pair always (if any shown), and the one currently not working (due to CanGo*=false) just shown as disabled.

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application