D10972: [RFC] Exposing slideshow to MPRIS controllers

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 15 00:38:01 UTC 2018

rkflx accepted this revision.
rkflx added a comment.

  Thanks so much, Friedrich. Latest changes work great, only one more small thing found (but solvable, I guess).

  I know I have been asking for a lot in this review, but I think users will appreciate the polish. After editing the commit message, let's land this ;)

  ---

  There's now also D10972: [RFC] Exposing slideshow to MPRIS controllers <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10972> where I added some of the things which could be solved later, so they are not forgotten and interested contributors can jump right in. Feel free to add to this (but please keep it concise) or add subtasks.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mprismediaplayer2.cpp:82
> +{
> +    return QGuiApplication::desktopFileName();
> +}

This is the only part which prevents compiling with Qt 5.6 as found on Leap 42.3 and elsewhere, which would be kinda nice.

Are there any alternatives? Or could we return `QString()` for older Qts? The basic functionality still seemed fine to me when testing, so perhaps this is not strictly needed?

Otherwise we'd have to bite the bullet and bump the Qt version to 5.7.

REPOSITORY
  R260 Gwenview

BRANCH
  addmprisservice