D10972: [RFC] Exposing slideshow to MPRIS controllers

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 14 01:15:50 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  > have some old music videos directories which I sometimes play just for the music

  Not sure Gwenview is the best app for that ;)

  > no exposure as MPRIS in windowed mode?

  This would hide it from the taskbar's context menu, making it less discoverable, and remove my favourite show-off feature: Open Gwenview, and then press "Play" on the remote without having to switch to View and also to Fullscreen mode. Both of those feature are also quite useful for Okular. You are right though, that having the mediacontroller applet showing thumbnails when reading a paper in Okular would be annoying. Ideally in windowed mode only the "Start Presentation/Slideshow" button would be announced.

  On the other hand, it's an option to mitigate the lockscreen issue. Hm, maybe we should wait what users think about it.

  #gwenview <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/gwenview/>, now is your chance to chime in ;)

REPOSITORY
  R260 Gwenview