D10972: [RFC] Exposing slideshow to MPRIS controllers

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 7 22:49:30 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In terms of testing with the mediacontroller applet, apart from the Pause problem I found those issues:

  - Thumbnails for some pictures have incorrect rotation
  - Rotating images does not reflect in the preview, even after saving
  - Skipping through pictures with different aspect ratios results in the thumbnail extending over the bounds of the applet

  @kossebau How expensive is this feature in terms of CPU and DBus traffic for navigating in non-fullscreen browse mode if it were enabled by default for a default Plasma install, i.e. only the systray icon shown?

  @ngraham I think we should change the previous/next buttons back. My intention was to be more similar to Dolphin, but now that we add so much UI which has the media player type icons and terminology, the old version would fit better. Also, perhaps change the text from "stop" to "pause", to match the icon. Thoughts?

REPOSITORY
  R260 Gwenview