D10972: [RFC] Exposing slideshow to MPRIS controllers

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 4 01:12:36 UTC 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D10972#217644 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10972#217644>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > but keep in mind that there might be other controllers that might behave similar.

  Indeed. As I meanwhile discovered all the MPRIS controllers across the Plasma universe (media controller applet, task manager applet, global media keys handler in the mpris dataengine(!?)) are not cooperative with Pause-less players, meh.
  Just, by that they effectively do not follow the MPRIS MediaPlayer2.Player specification, which clearly states for PlayPause <https://specifications.freedesktop.org/mpris-spec/latest/Player_Interface.html#Method:PlayPause>:

  > If CanPause is false, attempting to call this method should have no effect and raise an error.

  IMHO interoperability is key to successful (Free/Libre) software, and thus specifications should be valued and followed closely. So we should see to fix the controllers which do not comply to the spec.
  And given this is FLOSS, we have easy options to do so :) For those Plasma-related controllers I should soon have at least patches proposed for all of them, so there hopefully soon a flaw of the past.

REPOSITORY
  R260 Gwenview