Desktop icon visual indicator

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 9 09:04:05 GMT 2018

Hi

Is there a way for the desktop icon to visually indicate that a device is connected without having to click on it?

With my Keyone blackberry, if the screen is off and i log into my desktop, there is no connection made until i wake up the screen.
I don't know if the wifi is switched off on the phone as a battery saver or not when the screen times out and switches off. I do still get email notifications on the phone when the screen is off but that could be via the mobile signal.

regards

Ian
--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20181206
Qt: 5.11.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.52.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.14.4 - kwin 5.14.4