D13594: Split SMS and Telephony plugin on desktop

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 28 17:36:55 BST 2018

sredman added a comment.

  I am getting lots of printed warnings that the Telepathy interfaces does not seem to be working. I don't have telepathy set up right now so this is not a big surprise. The cause appears to be a missing check for whether the interface is valid (see inline comments)

  Also, after rebasing or merging master the logic for connecting message addresses with KPeople seems to be broken so we don't get names or icons in the SMS gui list. I have not looked into why this is.

INLINE COMMENTS

> smsplugin.cpp:71
> +            // In case telepathy can handle the message, don't do anything else
> +            if (m_telepathyInterface.isValid()) {
> +                forwardToTelepathy(message);

In the master branch, this check has been brought within the forwardToTelepathy method

> smsplugin.cpp:184
> +        ConversationMessage message(body.toMap());
> +        forwardToTelepathy(message);
> +        m_conversationInterface->addMessage(message);

This line is causing an invalid call to the telepathy dbus interface since we have not asked if m_telepathyInterface.isValie()

> telephonyplugin.cpp:211
> -    // In case telepathy can handle the message, don't do anything else
> -    if (m_telepathyInterface.isValid()) {
> -        qCDebug(KDECONNECT_PLUGIN_TELEPHONY) << "Passing a text message to the telepathy interface";

This check should either be brought back within this method or bumped outside in all uses

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect