Aw: Re: Re: Re: Re: Troubleshoot SD-card access issue

karl-heinz-1950 at web.de karl-heinz-1950 at web.de
Sat Apr 28 05:39:11 UTC 2018

> Probably using SAF would work better, but it would require raising the
> minimum SDK to 19, which is something Albert et al. usually prefer to
> avoid. Although if you wrote up a proof of concept that would probably
> go a long way.

First of all, if we have to raise the SDK we lose 10% of potential users, but make a feature work for 90% of the users. So for sure worth a second thought. Secondly, we would not necessarily have to raise min SDK, in Android we can write the code in a way that methods check for what API level they are. Of course the latter is more work.

> If the only problem is with .android_secure or unwritable files, it
> would probably be a lot less work just to add an exception clause that
> would exclude those in SimpleSftpServer.java.

I don't see where in SimpleSftServer.java that would be possible. From my point of view that can only happen in the sshd-core code.

> I'll sign off from the thread from here on, since I've reached the
> limit of what I understand of this issue, but best of luck it's always
> good see more people interested in the project!

That's of course okay, thanks for all your insights that has been really helpful.